How to Brew your coffee in an Aeropress Coffee Maker:
The Inverted Method
So you've just bought your Aeropress coffee maker, now what? How do you use this odd looking device to make great tasting coffee at home or on the go. We find the inverted (upside down) method the best way to get amazing results out of both the Aeropress and your coffee.
Follow our detailed guide and video down below on how to make the most out of your Aeropress and get making great coffee on a regular basis.
If you're missing out on any of the equipment listed above, be sure to check them out on our web-store and stock up.
Prepare the instruments
- Take off the filter chamber from the aeropress and set aside for the time being.
- Remove the plunger and wet with warm water.
- Insert the plunger into the end of the brewing chamber and place the Aeropress into the inverted position (upside down)
Measure & Grind
- Tare the scales.
- Measure 16g of coffee and place into your grinder.
- Grind coffee to a medium/fine grind.
- Measure 230g of water and bring it to the boil.
- Add the 16g of ground coffee to the Aeropress chamber.
- Add 230g of boiling water to the ground coffee and stir for 30 seconds.
- Leave to brew for 2 minutes.
Final Flip and Sip
- Whilst your coffee is brewing, place the filter paper into the Aeropress filter chamber that was set aside.
- Wet the paper with warm water, then carefully attach the chamber back on top.
- Once the 2 minutes are up, place a mug over the Aeropress and flip both over together.
- Slowly press down on the plunger.
- Remove Aeropress and enjoy